DO’S & DON’TS FOR AN ITCHY, FLAKY SCALP
If you’re catching yourself itching and scratching the top of your head, or if you’ve been noticing flakes in your hair or on your shoulders, we have some helpful tips to combat those problems.
- Wash your hair regularly. An itchy, flaky scalp can result from built up oils, so increase the frequency of washes. A clean scalp is a happy scalp!
- Wash and rinse with warm, not hot water, as this can be drying on the scalp and contribute to itching.
- Use a gentle, fragrance free shampoo to ensure there are no irritating ingredients getting added into the mix. Try our Gentle Hair and Body Wash that contains a blend of soothing oils and extracts to nourish skin.
- Products with dyes and fragrances can cause irritation and itching if you have an allergy to one of the ingredients or sensitive skin. Stick with a gentle, fragrance free shampoo.
- Scratching or aggressively scrubbing the scalp can feel like temporary relief, but an inflamed scalp is one that can be easily injured. There are even some itchy and flaky scalp conditions, like psoriasis, that can actually spread to areas where you have been scratching. Be gentle and kind to your scalp.
Give these tips a try to combat your itchy, flaky scalp.